Thursday, September 09, 2004

I don't have the slightest clue as to what God is. Really. I thought I knew but the more I know the greater is my conviction that God is indescribable. At times God is simply a poor choice of words. God is not scary. Since I cannot tell you about God, there is nothing to be scared of.
Like I said, I don't have a clue. Fear of God simply translates to watch your thoughts. Think bad stuff and bad stuff fills your life. Think good, see good. It is this simple. Last time I looked the only thinking was me. Nobody else is home. I deliberately put it this way. I have higher thoughts. Yes this is good. I have incredible visions. This is wonderful. My thoughts flow effortlessly into form. Ah sheer magic it is. What I recognize is the difference between good and bad. I must do this in order to prosper. Yes I want to prosper in all conceivable ways. I start out propering by thinking right. How do I know it is right. By how I feel. You see I've learned to trust and be honest about these feelings. I am talking about good feelings, feelings that are uplifting as opposed to feeling guilty or hurt or depressed. I want good feelings. They only come about by thinking good thoughts. This is a straight forward explanation. I could have coded and said "and God saw the light, that it was good."
I believe the Torah was written by a man or group of men inspired or not inspired as the case may be. It (the Torah) is an endless source of inspiration. In my opinion however it doesn't go far enough or deep enough into what is happening all around us. Many times in the midrash we find are much more profound in demonstrating man's infinite capicity to make something out of nothing.
In a sense we are all scientists experimenting with the reality of living. Our thoughts produce that reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


» Browse This Collection